Tuesday, March 03, 2009

Diseased


Do you know what's in your meat?

It's not known to a lot of people but even diseased animals will be thrown into slaughter for consumption. Last year there was America's biggest beef (at one factory farm) recall due to sick animals being sold but who knows how many other companies are doing this as well.

We consume 15 billion animals a year (statistics as of 2007, our consumption has probably raised since). If there were no factory farms and mass production all animals would not exist because of us. We do not need to eat meat everyday.

Meet your Meat:


take a read if you have some extra time: [link]

I wouldn't say I'm an activist of any sort but I am aware of what I put into my body and I'm aware of my actions that affect the world and yes.... 1 person can make a difference.

6 comments:

marcus said...

sad.
and i'm eating an egg mcmuffin right now

Simon Kim said...

ah...
I just ate chickens for the dinner.

Lettie Lo said...

poor cows

CLR said...

Somehow this makes we queezy and yet I still think its so pretty.

Craig Arndt said...

Dom, your stuff is awesome. Simply awesome!

Bobby Chiu said...

whoa... intense piece! awesome stuff Dom