Saturday, April 05, 2008

Childhood

Dream-by Priscilla Ahn (Go listen to her music)

I was a little girl alone in my little world who dreamed of a little home for me.
I played pretend between the trees, and fed my house guests bark and leaves, and laughed in my pretty bed of green.

I had a dream
That I could fly from the highest swing.
I had a dream.

Long walks in the dark through woods grown behind the park, I asked God who I'm supposed to be.
The stars smiled down on me, God answered in silent reverie. I said a prayer and fell asleep.

I had a dream
That I could fly from the highest tree.
I had a dream.

Now I'm old and feeling grey. I don't know what's left to say about this life I'm willing to leave.
I lived it full and I lived it well, there's many tales I've lived to tell. I'm ready now, I'm ready now, I'm ready now to fly from the highest wing.

I had a dream


Sometimes we need to let go and enjoy our every moment as children do. Don't get caught up in work and miss out on the beautiful things in life. Go out, get inspired, paint, draw and express yourself but most of all.....have fun.

1 comment:

Peter Chan said...

awesome piece dom, i really love this one. great response to the song. i love drawing/painting in response to music!